Backend Engineering Manager - Travel Development Department (TDD)
- A shared belief of Rakuten Shugi
Have 3+ years of management experience including
- Recruiting future engineers
- Supporting career growth of engineers through training, goal settings and evaluation
- Motivating and ensuring well-being of engineers to maximize results
- Strong communication skills to work with multiple stakeholders like Product Managers and QA
Technical Skills Experience
Have the technical skills and experience on the following
- In depth knowledge of different Architecture Design patterns like microservice architecture, event driven architecture
- be accountable for maximizing quality/cost, achieving KPIs, production failures, and technical decisions of your team.
- be accountable for task quality through review and process
Development Environment Experience
Have in depth knowledge of travel's technology stack including
- Development: Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud Config, Spring Cloud Sleuth, JUnit, Apache Maven, IntelliJ IDEA, Swagger
- Middleware: Oracle, Oracle GoldenGate for Big Data, MongoDB, Kafka, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat
- Infrastructure: Private cloud (RIaaS, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring: Jennifer, Zipkin, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Grafana
Project Management Experience
Be accountable for assigning tasks to members by clarifying the following input:
- Due date
- Priorities between multiple tasks
- Background and purposes (Why is this task necessary? Who will benefit from this?)
- Expected quality (Minimum requirements to resolve tasks / Which steps require reviews?)
Be accountable for task progress through asking the following questions
- Estimation: e.g. Can you share us expected end date/time?
- Possible impediment: e.g. What are problems, if any?
- Possible support: e.g. What can managers/the other member support, if any?
- Bottleneck: e.g. What do you wait for, if any?